Vol XXIV – #5 – Snow and Ice on the way to Manistee

Report #7086 Photo: LR-1-24-24

Without going into too much personal detail, we are at a point in time that is requiring all four of us kids to attend to the needs of both Joanne and Keith. If the Report has been off and on for the last few years, that is the reason. Joanne needs some regular treatment in Traverse City and both will be moving to an assisted living center nearby for the foreseeable future. Although Keith had survived Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and will turn 91 in March, he is now battling Post-Polio syndrome which has affected his ability to walk without assistance. Please keep both of them in your prayers going forward. Joanne does miss her friends in Leland and is sorry that her medical issues this year have kept her away from her regular activities (especially Bridge and Stitching). If you know either of my parents, please leave a note here and let them know you are thinking about them. A lot of people will remember my Dad on his visits with Biscuit down to Fishtown. If you were one, please leave a note.

The photos today are of Frankfort and Manistee Lights, with an extra “I pulled over for this” moment of a hunting shed near Frankfort on M22. I love walking the treacherous ice-covered piers of Manistee, Grand Haven, and South Haven this time of year. YakTrax or something similar are a must, and usually, I am alone or one of a few adventurous trekkers. I’ll be back up next week. see you then.

Find Leland Report gifts at:

Notify of
guest
17 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Tracy B
Tracy B
25 days ago

We are so grateful for the beautiful photos in the Leland Report over the years. We had the pleasure of appearing in them a few times and still smile at the thought. Prayers to all of you, and many thanks.

Bob C.
Bob C.
25 days ago

The beautiful photos and connection to Leland have been a source of great pleasure for many, many years. All my best to Keith and Joanne during this difficult time in their life. And kudos to the caregivers – I have been there myself many times. You won’t regret one second of the time you give.

Julie
Julie
25 days ago

Prayers and positive thoughts are with Keith & Joanne. Thank you for the many years of the Leland Report (with Biscuit too), I’ve enjoyed the beautiful photos and stories very much. Today’s wintry photos are amazing!

Bonnie Vredeveld
Bonnie Vredeveld
26 days ago

Our Prayers will be with your parents and all the family. We’ve spent 50+ years on LIttle Glen Lake. We’ve enjoyed all the pictures and stories the Keith has put on the Leland Report. Blessings to All.

Kathy from Indiana
Kathy from Indiana
27 days ago

The Leland Report has been such a joy to all of us who do not have the good fortune to live “up north”. It has been very much a part of my routine. My husband, I and our dog, Tucker had the privilege of meeting Biscuit and Keith in Fishtown and had our picture taken with Biscuit. We were just so excited to see them. Blessings go out to Keith, Joanne and the whole family. The Leland Report has made so many lives brighter. Thank you, Keith, for your commitment to carrying out your brilliant idea for so many years.… Read more »

marty martin
marty martin
27 days ago

My son, my husband and I had the privilege of being on the Biscuit Report on Sept 29, 2015. My husband died 3 days later while we were still in Glen Arbor on vacation. Your Dad was kind enough to send me 3 prints of that for my son, my daughter and myself. My husband was so excited about being on the Biscuit Report. He looked at the Leland Report every day.

Last edited 27 days ago by marty martin
Caroline J Woods
Caroline J Woods
27 days ago

Remembering with such pleasure the adventures with Biscuit and the red Jeep! thank you for all the Joy from Leland you sent my way

Kathy Mewhort Anthony
Kathy Mewhort Anthony
28 days ago

Keith and Joanne – I am sitting in my library looking at the wonderful colored print of Fishtown that you gave me as a housewarming gift when I built my little house on Juniper Trail. I have always loved it and enjoy it each day. So many warm memories of Leland and the lovely friends I made there. I am keeping you both in my prayers and am confident you are in good care. God’s blessings always.